Published by ICSEB at 19 October, 2009
“Filum.tomizados”, Arnold Chiari I Syndrome, Syringomyelia and Idiopathic Scoliosis.
17 de octubre de 2009
09:00am to 09:45am- Gioia Lué. Psychologist.
Arnold Chiari, Syringomyelia and quality of life.
Index of satisfaction in operated patients with the section of the Filum Terminale (SFT).
09:45am to 10:00am – coffee break
10:00am to 11:00am, Dr. Royo Salvador. Neurosurgeon and neurologist.
Presentation of the results of the first 250 patients operated with the section of the filum terminale (SFT). Commenting in detail the patient´s interests:
1. The known signs of Arnold Chiari I, Syringomyelia and Idiopathic Scoliosis known
2. Little known signs of Arnold Chiari I, Syringomyelia and Idiopathic Scoliosis; neuropsychological alterations, spasticity, sexual dysfunctions and the union of many diseases.
3. Advantages and disadvantages of the Classic Surgery:
b) Syringomyelic opening cavity.
c) Vertebral Arthrodesis in Scoliosis.
d) Valve and shunt of CSF.
4. Advantages and disadvantages of the SFT.
5. Evolution and future after the SFT.
¿Why are there so may different evolutions?
6. Purposeses: Investigation. Teaching. Social help. Chiari & Scoliosis & Syringomyelia Foundation.
11:00am to 11:30am – Questions and Comments.
11:30am to 13:30pm – Consultations
13:30pm – Lunch/Buffet.
Centro de Congressi Conte de Cavour
00184 Via (street) Cavour, 50/ A Roma (Italia)
Our English Department is at your disposal to help you with your enquiries.
All consultations received through this form or through the different email addresses of the 'Institut Chiari & Siringomielia & Escoliosis de Barcelona' are derived to the medical team to be studied and are supervised by Dr. Miguel B. Royo Salvador.
* It is imperative to tick this box.
Monday to Thursday: 9-18h (UTC +1)
Friday: 9-15h (UTC +1)
Saturday and Sunday closed
Pº Manuel Girona 16,
Barcelona, España, CP 08034
The Institut Chiari & Siringomielia & Escoliosis de Barcelona (ICSEB) complies with the established in EU regulation 2016/679 (GDPR).
The contents of this website are a non-official translation of the original content of the website in Spanish. The translation is courtesy of the Institut Chiari & Siringomielia & Escoliosis de Barcelona with the purpose of facilitating comprehension for anyone who wishes to Access the website.