The Arnold Chiari Syndrome I consists in a descent of the lower part of the cerebellum, the cerebellar tonsils, into the spinal canal through the foramen magnum, without any other medullary-vertebral malformations.
Syringomyelia consists in a liquid cyst inside the spinal cord, which is a result ofthe death of spinal cord tissue occurring as a consequence of the lack of bloodflow due to the traction exerted by a tight filum terminale.
Scoliosis consists in an anomalous lateral misalignment of the vertebral column, which is the result of a mechanism to compensate thespinal cord traction produced by a tight filum terminale.
– Worldwide pioneer diagnostic method.
– Innovative neurosurgical treatments through minimally invasive techniques.
– Personalized information and medical follow-up.
– Neurorehabilitation guidelines.
– Therapeutic orientation at distance.
– 40 years of research.
– Etiopathogenic studies and evidence.
– Over 20 years of treatment application.
– The Filum System® is being taught and accredited by the Filum Academy Barcelona®.
Excellent clinical and surgical outcomes.
No relevant complications.
High rate of patient satisfaction.
Eliminates the cause of the diseases.
Stops the progression of the diseases.
The Institut Chiari & Siringomielia & Escoliosis de Barcelona (ICSEB) complies with the established in EU regulation 2016/679 (GDPR).
The contents of this website are a non-official translation of the original content of the website in Spanish. The translation is courtesy of the Institut Chiari & Siringomielia & Escoliosis de Barcelona with the purpose of facilitating comprehension for anyone who wishes to Access the website.